Friday, October 13, 2006

Life's like that!!!

Came upon a busy traffic single one sunny afternoon, where this old wrinkled lady asked me for some money for food. I took out some pears from my bag and gave it to her. She refused it and returned to me. She wanted money instead.

I was shocked to think that nowadays people have become so fussy. Even beggars have become choosers. I was quite angry and upset. Then she came back and told me she didn't have teeth to eat the fruit.

And thats when I felt really bad for thinking wrong about her and gave her some money. We are so used to thinking that this world is so bad, that we forget that there are so many good people around us.

3 comments:

Priyank said...

Hey charlene..nice tght..
we actually assume so much abt a person without knwing!!!

Anonymous said...

interesting..reminds me the cliched but true dictum to never judge a book by its cover!

Charlene said...

True....need to stop and think once in a while..